Jim Hansen on You tube - Must See!
Top climate scientist James Hansen tells the story of his involvement in the science of and debate over global climate change. In doing so he outlines the overwhelming evidence that change is happening and why that makes him deeply worried about the future.
Climate Change Actions
What can you do? Think Globally. Act Locally!
- Reduce your carbon footprint. carbonrally.com and carbonfootprint.com
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Contact your government representatives. Let them know that the government must take a lead in reducing CO2 immediately.
- Purchase sustainable seafood and locally grown food.
- Do not use plastics, and if you do, always recycle.
- Reduce your driving and purchase a higher mileage car if possible.
- Demand alternative energies. Sign up for New England Green Start to support alternatives for energy generation, like wind and solar.
- Support Salem Sound Coastwatch and other environmental groups.
To Learn more about our options:
350.org - 350 parts per million is what many scientists, climate experts, and progressive national governments are now saying is the safe upper limit for CO2 in our atmosphere. We are now at 392!
Climate Choices.org - a project of the Union of Concerned scientists
CarbonSolutionsNE.org - CSNE report showing first-year results from New Hampshires’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Fund or the "Risk of 100-year Freshwater Floods in the Lamprey River Watershed of New Hampshire Resulting from Changes in Climate and Land Use."